Credit: ECURBEC / CC BY-SA 4.0
As the clock ticks closer to midnight, Dubai’s extravagant plans to host stunning pyrotechnics show on the New Year Eve is finally coming to reality.
Along with the six-minute show to be hosted by the Palm Islands, Dubai also will try to create a 'sunrise' at midnight with a flying falcon taking off amidst a background of world’s largest pyrotechnic flag. Other fireworks around the town include Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab’s own glittering display of lights. But with a huge rush of tourists during this time of the year, it is nearly impossible to sneak in a vantage point to catch the dazzling display in the night. Still, there are some places in the city that will give you a grand view of the exploding lights!
- Take a special round trip onboard the RTA water bus for Dh75 which will take you around The Palm Jumeirah and stop at a special point from where visitors will be able to enjoy the fireworks at Palm, Burj Al Arab & Burj Khalifa on NYE all at once.
- Regular Dh450 tickets to the Sandance NYE event on Nasimi Beach are still available and include a seat to record-breaking fireworks show here.
- Bring your friends and family along at the Burj Al Arab and the Kite Beach, a gala dinner is being hosted here before the night erupts into a brilliant display of fireworks. Similarly, all beachside hotels along Jumeirah and Al Sufuoh Road are offering similar packages.
- Downtown Dubai website has mentioned the exact vantage point from where tourists will be able to grab a good and safe view of the Burj Khalifa fireworks by Emaar.
- Last but not the least, if partying is a bit too much for your liking, spend a quiet night with your friends & family in the comforts of your house while watching the fireworks display live on TV.